Tuesday, December 24, 2013

My favorite really quick dessert

I have a big family, and they all live nearby and like to drop by completely unexpected. At times like these, I have some quickie desserts that I can put together and share with the ones that I love. Here is one that my little nieces and nephews really love (and they love to help baking this as well).

Apple Oatmeal Crisp

You'll Need:
2 cans of Apple Pie Filling
1 cup of Golden Raisins
1  stick of butter at room temperature
1  cup of all purpose flour
1  cup of light brown sugar
1  cup of Oats
1 tablespoon of cinnamon
1 teaspoon of nutmeg

Prepare an 8x11 pan with grease and preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the pie filling and the raisins and pour them into the baking pan. some people are not crazy about raisins, so this can be skipped over.

In a separate bowl, mix together the butter, the flour, the sugar, the oats, the sugar, and the nutmeg. The mixture will be nice and crumbly. Spread this over the apple filling mixture.

Bake for about 30 minutes until crust is brown. Yum! This one is quick and delicious. It'll hit your apple pie craving with half the work required.

No comments:

Post a Comment